Important How lock-ins work

Discussion in 'Lock-Ins / All-Nighters' started by Agragati, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Agragati

Agragati Head Warchief Staff Member Admin Mod

Currently Playing:
    Overwatch
    Game Specific: Everyone goes in order to play that particular game (CS:GO, League of Legends, Overwatch, etc.)

Hours: From 10pm-4am, you play the specific game on the reserved stations. From 4am-10am, you can play whatever game you like on all stations.

Includes: 2 slices of pizza (pepperoni or cheese) and a soda (pizza delivered around 1am).

Price: Save over 30% off the regular hourly rate! The cost is only $50 per person for unlimited play from 10pm-10am (includes sales tax).

Procedure: The event coordinator is responsible for carrying out the rules and can choose to start any time after 9pm. At the start of the event, the center closes for everyone and in order to re-enter, you need to pay the $50 lock-in entrance fee (you get a wristband to show you paid). You can go at any time during the lock-in but you still pay $50 until 2am, then it's $40. Time gets added to your LAN center account accordingly (lasts only until the next day). You can leave the center at any time and return for free as long as you still have the wristband.

For games involving 5 players on a team, 10 stations will be reserved for players playing that game so that there is the option for in-house matches. For games involving 6 players on a team, 12 stations will be reserved for players playing that game so that there is the option for in-house matches. Any other open station not reserved can be used to play any game you wish.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. WeeabooScum

WeeabooScum GameSync Noob

Do you have to reserve a spot? Since it will be closed? Because there are only 15 stations so far. And is there is date set for the event yet?
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. Agragati

Agragati Head Warchief Staff Member Admin Mod

Currently Playing:
    Overwatch
    Yes, you will have to RSVP. No date set because it will be a different date for each game we support. Plus we need organizers, see other thread.

Note: these activities are designed in part to help fundraise so we can get to 20 stations. So the more people that participate, the faster we can grow the LAN center.
  4. WeeabooScum

What do you mean it will be different dates? I was to think it was one night, all night.
  5. SDHitmen

SDHitmen GameSync Beginner Admin Mod Staff

Currently Playing:
    CS: GO
    Yes, these are one night events, but depending on how popular these events are, they might be once a month, or once a week, or something even completely different, so the actual date these events will occur on can change. The idea is that each lock-in will have one game in-mind that everyone will be playing and then we will rotate between games based on popularity.
  6. WeeabooScum

Sorry. I still don't understand
  7. SDHitmen

Currently Playing:
    So the upcoming event does not have a date set yet. But once we do it will be posted. And then depending on how much people want to have more of these same lock-ins, we will be having more lock-ins with different dates set. The first game we choose as the "main game" for the first lock-in is still up in the air. We might make a poll on the forums to have people vote on which game to play first, but again, all the information will be on the forums soon.
  8. WeeabooScum

So we are going to have to play 1 game the whole time we are there? I thought it was just play any game
  9. SDHitmen

Currently Playing:
    "Game Specific: Everyone goes in order to play that particular game (CS:GO, League of Legends, Overwatch, etc.)"

The idea that these events are for players to go as a group to play a bunch of in-houses together with other people who are also interested in the game. However, like it says above, there will be reserved computers so that there can be two teams playing against each other, but any non-reserved computer, can be used to play any other game. And then after 4am, anyone can play any game they wish on any station. We want the groups of communities for each game to come and play together. That's the idea for the lock-ins at the moment, but the rules are subject to change depending on how the community reacts to it.
  10. WeeabooScum

Okay I think I get it now. Thanks. Hopefully i can get a spot cause I really want to go
  11. SDHitmen

Currently Playing:
    I believe it will be in order of people who register will be allowed in. So just keep an eye on the forums and then register for the event once it's posted and you will be in. And if you are looking to play a game other than the one mentioned, just make sure you show up to the center early and get one of the unreserved computers.
  12. WeeabooScum

Do you at least know if it is going to be on a weekend? Because I think that is best for most people
  13. SDHitmen

Currently Playing:
    That originally was the plan, so just be sure to see when we decide to do it.
  14. WolfgangHawk

WolfgangHawk GameSync Noob

Currently Playing:
    Overwatch, Terraria
    i would like to etend when there is a set date