News CSGO tournament feedback

Discussion in 'FREE GeForce Weekend Warriors (Canceled by nVidia)' started by Jonathan, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan GameSync Noob

We absolutely need feedback from the participants in reference to the nVida Geforce Weekend Warriors CSGO tournament held on the 21st of August! Please reply to the thread so we can send the feedback to nVidia! It can be anything, from the stream quality to set up to gameplay. Please provide as much feedback as possible.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

-d3t0x
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan GameSync Noob

Overall I think the competition was a success. Only a few things I did have some concerns about and they all relate to each other. And it's all focused on team balance.

1. I feel people lied about their ranks achieved.
    2. The lying led to unbalanced teams.
    3. Unbalanced teams led to easy competition. I understand it's a free tournament and we only had four teams and it's for fun, but easy competition isn't fun after a while.
    4. Easy competition lead to quick matches.
    Those are my only problems. I just feel people need to reevaluate their skill level. Because I counted during checkin, and nearly half of the people claimed to be GE (Global Elite). Then during the match they played at the level of a DMG at most, and im being generous.

I was able to get the server set up and running smoothly, learning how to run the commands on the fly, so thanks for bearing with me during warmup and matches as we figured those out, I appreciate it guys

Aqua did a really good job setting up the stream for the twitch account. Thank you aqua.

Thank you nvidia for the prizes. Thank you Agragati for having this opportunity available.
  3. graqua

graqua GameSync Noob Staff Member Staff

Currently Playing:
    League Of Legends
    Honestly I felt like the tournament was one of the best gamesync/nvidia had to offer. Like Jonathan I felt the teams were stacked (Specifically Team A and Team C being the top 2 teams). Stream went as smooth as we could make it, alternating between a casting team of about 4 casters/players.
    HUGE PROPS TO NECRO, DETOX, CUBS FOR HELPING ME OUT ON THE BROADCAST TEAM
  4. Cub

Cub GameSync Noob

I think that the tourney went perfectly honestly (teams need balance) besides that everything is perfect cant wait to do another
  5. Necro

Necro GameSync Noob

Agree with all. It was a good time and the only things I would change are more about how it was run, not the tourney or the casting itself (which were awesome). You guys need a way to log all in as admin for a couple minutes so people can set up faster. Then give everyone a pre-set amount of time to get their comp set up before we lo3. Imho once every is logged as admin, 15 minutes to set up then live. If you can't attach your perif's/set up your config in that amount of time too bad we gotta go. Could get in a lot more games or end sooner. Outside of that, I may have been incorrect about my post on the buddy system thing. Its OK when two mediocre players want to buddy up, but 2 groups of bro's that were good @ the game getting put on the same team caused the stack. Buddy system may have to go for the next one.

On a more positive note (send this part to nvidia)
    The stream was awesome, been watching parts of the re-broadcast and the casting was awesome.
    The tourney structure was awesome (double elim bracket style)
    The PC's we're great, Nvidia GPU's hold up strong after 12 hours of continious play)
    The local server was awesome, great reg, there's nothing like playing on lan. You can hit shots you'd never be able to make online
    Great guys running it, good people showed up, all around fun time

-Necro